Monday, August 10, 2009

The Parade of Groomsen PT I

And now for the GROOMSMEN! It has been decided that they will not be carrying swords or family crests, and nothing will be on fire, but they will be wearing flowers and they'll dress all pretty in matching suits and walk the Bride's ladies down the aisle.

Once again, in no certain order, give a warm welcome to --


Jacob J. Stansky! This picture is from a Sunday afternoon spent at Golden Gate Fields to bet on the ponies. The full adventure of that day can be seen HERE.

Jacob was the first friend I made when I moved from Sacramento to Clayton. We met in the 4th grade in Mrs. Boyle's class at Mt. Diablo Elementary, which is where we studied such classics as...actually...I have no idea of what one learns in the 4th grade. Geography?

We spent many summers riding bikes, breaking stuff in the creek, and we both shared our first jobs washing dishes at Peppino's when we were fifteen. Now, we're both all grown up and I'm incredibly proud to have him along for the ride, at my side, and welcome to the party, Jake. It's about time.

- Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment