Monday, October 19, 2009

MEGAN'S RACE DAY!

This isn't wedding related, but I wanted to share it anyway. Yesterday Megan ran the Nike Women's Marathon on behalf of Team in Training to benefit the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society in San Francisco. I know a lot of you donated to her run to show support, and she did amazing.

Here she approaching the finish line, still full of smiles.

Then she blew by like a flash.

I'm proud of her for doing such and awesome job of running her 13.1 miles and sticking to the training these last few months. I confess that she did skip a day because I prodded her to join me for drinks, so that was my fault. Other than that, she didn't miss a day. (Oh, besides when she was sick. Oops!)

I don't how she was so chipper after waking up at 5AM to get to Union Square and run for almost 4 hours, but she was. That's what makes Megan the best - always so damn chipper!

On the walk back to the car we did notice something a bit odd about her race day running gear --


She had somehow managed to put on two different shoes.

Oh, Megan.

- Chris

1 comment:

  1. Hey it was dark at 5 am. At least they were both running shoes!

    -Megan

    ReplyDelete